announce that there will be no updates for a considerable amount of time (2 or 3 days at best, more at worst) due to freak weather.
It’s been raining for a good 12 hours where i live, and my connection drops to pre-era 90’s internet speed (think 56K modem).
I’m just gonna cuddle and play red alert 2 (modified with my rules, of course) in windows 10.
As for those who are wondering how to play this incompatible game in windows 10, here are the steps.
- Download and install that game. I bought this game via origin, but i still prefer the torrented version (no fuss!).
- When you attempt to run the game in windows 10, it’s guaranteed that it will not work. You will either have a black screen but with music, or other errors or something. Now to fix this.
- Download the mod “Red Alert 2 – Mental Omega” at moddb. Extract it. And copy all the files and paste it to where you installed the game. Don’t worry, nothing is overwritten.
- Run the mentalomegaclient file. Ta-da! It SHOULD display the screen for the mod. Adjust the display renderer to your preference. I use TS-DDRAW where i can alt-tab the game.
- Another error, is the failed to initialize string. To fix this, set all executables to “run as administrator”. Just right click them.
- To play red alert, select ra2.exe. To play yuri’s revenge select ra2md.exe. To play the mod, use the mentalomegaclient.
- Now you can play an incompatible game in windows 10.